At Atchison Consultants we have the experience and commitment to help you achieve your objectives through our talented team of research analysts and consultants. Our core business functions include asset and investment consulting, research, portfolio construction and property advice.
Great care is taken to ensure that our research and advice is suited to your business and its environment. Our service offerings range from:
- Market research analysis
- Product development
- Establishing strategies and quantifiable objectives
- Portfolio construction
- Risk evaluation and management
- Investment manager research and rating
- Investment mandate construction
- Transition management
- Fee negotiation
- Performance monitoring and reporting
- Governance and committee structuring
- Evaluating and establishing contracts with third party service providers
Articulation of the attributes of private market assets, in particular property, in qualitative and quantitative terms is fully understood.
Advice regarding delivery of the attributes through management of the assets encompasses all aspects except purchase and sales. Advice is provided across the full complement for investment propositions in real assets, primarily property. Investment management consulting revolves around content of the FSC questionnaire. Elements include the following.
- Business objectives
- Business plan
- Key stakeholders
- Investment management entity
- Investment proposition
- Investment mandate
- Position in portfolio
- Financial analysis
- Regulatory requirements:
- Offer documents
Advice is provided across the structure of the fund products. Preparing managers for manager product reviews is undertaken. Rating review reports are provided.
Provision of bespoke investment strategy solutions for investors and fiduciaries for investors:
- Superannuation funds
- Wealth / Advisory dealer groups
- Government agencies
- Endowment funds
- Not-for-profit institutions
- Insurance companies
Key principles that drive investment solutions are:
- Independence of advice
- Fiduciary duty to the client
- Focus on holistic solutions and long term outcomes
- Reflect client implementation constraints
- Oversight of fees and expenses
Key services include the development and implementation of investment policy solutions, including:
- Statement of purpose
- Investment objectives
- Articulation and quantification of asset classes
- Strategic asset allocation of portfolios/options
- Management of asset allocation
- Investment manager composition
- Investment manager selection
- Performance reporting
- Attribution analysis
- Market and liquidity stress testing
- APRA and ASIC investment governance reporting requirements
Approved Product List (APL) policy provides a broad range of investment products, which may provide a
bespoke investment portfolio.
A framework for development and the ongoing management of an APL will be provided.
Major asset class categories include:
- Multi-Asset strategies
- Single-Sector strategies
- Australian Equities
- International Equities
- Listed Property & Infrastructure
- Direct Property & Infrastructure
- Fixed Interest & Cash
- Alternatives including private markets
Product categories will have multiple management configurations.
Product categories will have multiple legal structure configurations.
Specific client requirements will be reflected in the management of tailored APLs.
Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Framework
Recognition is given to ESG factors that may have an impact on portfolio returns over the investment horizon. Consideration of these factors enables a better understanding of risks and opportunities.
An objective of the team is to identify financial products and strategies which produce long-term capital appreciation while incorporating ESG risks and opportunities into the investment process.
The following aspects are key in identifying ESG factors taken into consideration:
- Environmental factors: Environmental degradation: can impact quality and availability of resources like water and land, cause reputational damage, introduce potential liabilities and increase the cost of doing business.
- Climate change: and its potential transition risk, physical asset risk and/or liability risks
- Transparency: disclosure on material issues including environmental and social risks
- Governance: how an organisation is controlled and operates, and the mechanisms by which it, and its people, are held to account
- Stewardship (or active ownership) supports the realisation of long-term value by providing opportunities to enhance the value of assets.
- Social responsibility: An obligation to make decisions and take actions that will enhance the welfare, supporting environmental initiatives and supporting the community.
- Workplace Safety: A workplace environment where each and every employee can work in good health and safety.